Wakarusa Historical Society About The Complex Location Volunteer Donate Contact

The ComplexThe Doctor Wagner-Clay Office Building

photo by Jospehiney Photography

 

3. The Doctor Wagner-Clay Office Building

Donated on September 7, 1979 by Eric Brown and his sister Marita Krepps, this was the original building that Doctors Wagner and Clay practiced from.  Doctor Wagner built the office in 1910 and practiced there until 1919, when he sold it to Doctor Clay.  Doctor Clay was a practicing vegetarian and used the building as such until he retired.  The building was moved to its current location by steam engine, for the sum of $1700.00, under the direction of Russell Losee of Nappanee.

     
 

Find us on Facebook | © Wakarusa Historical Society | site design by manifesto 1