Wakarusa Historical Society About The Complex Location Volunteer Donate Contact

The ComplexGrandma's Haus

photo by Jospehiney Photography

 

5. Grandma's Haus

Donated by Clyde Moore on August 25, 1983 this structure has gone through several changes over its history.  It started out as a one room house, but years later, it was moved and made into a two-stall garage, where it remained until the Historical Society acquired it.  It was envisioned to house the 1946 fire truck the Museum had prior to the construction of the Museum firehouse.  It was decided to convert it back to a one room homestead, depicting life in the late 1800’s for historical purposes.  Museum members dismantled an old house, located in Madison Township and belonging to Marve Maier, and later used the material to restore the old structure back into a home.  Devon Rose, creator of the Birdseye View Museum, donated logs from his barn to support the house.  Grandma’s Haus was dedicated on August 24, 1986.

 

     
 

Find us on Facebook | © Wakarusa Historical Society | site design by manifesto 1